Petra's Coding Tool, Design Iteraction 2 - Version 1.1alpha.
This video coding tool will let you play/pause/stop resume and code two videos playing at once. Of course it's also useful for coding just one video.
This is what it will allow you to do:
- Use keyboard shortcuts for a number of operation (play, pause, skip, add codes, ...).
- Load custom code sets and display as buttons (with keyboard shortcuts).
- Resort transcript if you do multiple passes.
- Play, half, normal, double, and triple speed.
- Jump to video positions directly from the transcript (double-click on the line).
There are a few problems:
- Changing play speed seems not to work with AVI files and not all options work with all codects.
- How do I load custom codes into the software?
- Create a small .txt file. Put one code per line of the file. Then load the file through File->Load Codes... the codes should appear below the bottom-most text field.
If you're interested in using the software feel free, it's freeware. Let me know if you have suggestions for improvement and I will consider them for the next release.
Download Pecoto - created on Windows Vista for .NET Framework 3.5.
BECAUSE THE PROGRAM IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE PROGRAM, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE PROGRAM "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE PROGRAM AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE PROGRAM TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.